Kia Ora FM 89.8
Kia Ora FM 89.8 celebrates a fresh change this year, with a revamped On Air Schedule that was introduced in April 2014, along with two Community Liaison roles that take the team out of the studio and into the heart of our Rangitāne community on a daily basis. Hosts and Management have been working on new show content and structure, to provide a dynamic and complimentary blend of Te Reo and English 24/7. The team anxiously awaits listener feedback regarding the new format.
The studio, production room and administration offices have had a complete refurbishment that is both comfortable and practical and is enjoyed by staff and manuhiri alike.
External engagements over the past month have included:
- Kia Ora FM team hosting an Annual Easter Egg Hunt at a local Kohanga Reo;
- Relay for Life participation and promotion; and
- Involvement in the Palmerston North Whānau Tri hosted by Sport Manawatu and supported by Iwi/Maori health providers.
- Kia Ora FM continues to provide a proactive communication medium to enable other Rangitāne o Manawatu services to be promoted to the community. This includes regular shows on Health, Education, Physical Activity and Current Affairs. All shows discuss a diverse range of topics while utilising in-house expertise and experience, which is shared with the wider community as part of Kia Ora FM’s wider strategic vision to keep listeners informed and to encourage participation in talkback.
The services KFM have provided this year to the Manawatu and wider listening audience have included:
- Promotion of Te Reo me ona Tikanga;
- Broadcasting Services;
- Panui a rohe;
- Production Services;
- Communication Services;
- Support for Young and upcoming Maori Artists;
- Outside broadcasts and support of Community Events;
- Advertising; and
- Production of Te Reo and Maori Culture.
Kia Ora FM 89.8 TEAM 2014
The Kia Ora FM 89.8 crew this year include: Matua Rocky Hudson, Lisa Check, Peter Cleave, Nathan Maniapoto, Ola Matalave and Craven Noble.
- Matua Rocky continues to set the scene each day for the team and listeners with his morning show Te Whanau Parekuihi. His shows highlight significant, controversial and diverse issues throughout the rohe, nationally and internationally.
- Peter Cleave hosts Sports/Brunch Show on Saturday mornings and Te Ao Whanui which generates significant interest as the show covers local Current Affairs in Te Reo. Peter provides an online Hotaka through the Kia Ora FM website and Facebook page that lists the topics covered each week on Te Ao Whanui. Monday’s focus is Rangitāne, Tuesday’s focus is Te Ao Turoa, Wednesday’s is Te Reo, Thursday is Arts and on Friday the focus is Politics.
- Craven Noble hosts the breakfast show, Maranga Mai with the Doye from Monday to Friday with guest Ola from 9.00am to 10.00am.Then he provides a talkback show with local guests from 10.00am to 12.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Ola Matalave or ‘Miss Efah Emah’ is our popular fast talking, high energy host adding some sizzle to your workdays on Kia Ora Mai. OIa also has a Communtiy Liaison role with a focus on Rangatahi Maori/Pasifika groups.
The Kia Ora FM team are supported by Lisa Check, Programme Director and Nathan Maniapoto the Production Manager.
Don’t forget you can tune in and listen to Kia Ora FM 89.8, if you do not live within our broadcasting area, so connect in to your tribal pulse!