Ringa Āwhina Tāhuhu - contribute to Māori language revitalisation, by providing timely executive and project support to the Kaihautū – Chief Executive and Board.
- Ensure that Tikanga guides all that Te Māngai Pāho does
- Lead and co-ordinate the Te Māngai Pāho organisational te reo Māori and tikanga programme
- Lead Te Māngai Pāho engagement with the Toitū project
Mahi Tahi and Te Tauutuutu:
- Ensure that Te Māngai Pāho is a supportive and collegial partner to all Māori language sector entities and stakeholders
- Assist the Tumu Whakahaere in the management of day to day operations of the Tumu Whakahaere team and the wider Te Māngai Pāho team as required
- Contribute to the development of measures, data analysis and research to monitor the impact of our investments on the revitalisation of te reo Māori
- Collaborate with other Te Māngai Pāho teams and our funded entities to maximise the collective impact of our investments for te reo Māori
- Help ensure that Te Māngai Pāho is at the leading-edge in office management tools and systems
- Undertake research and project work as required
- Ensure that the performance and reputation of Te Māngai Pāho is always maintained at an exemplary level.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A deep understanding of relationship management and specifically the transparency required of crown entities
Confidence in te ao Māori, including fluency in te reo Māori
Experience working for Senior Managers in either an Iwi or Public Sector environment